Setting Up An IRS Installment Agreement

admin Taxes

If you owe $50,000 or less in IRS debt, then setting up an installment agreement should be fairly straightforward. But to qualify, you must be current on your prior tax returns and estimated payments. Also, a typical installment agreement can be for as long as six years (payments are made on a monthly basis).

To make a request, you can either do so online or file Form 9465.

Now, if you owe more than $50,000, then you will need to negotiate with the IRS and also provide extensive financial information, which is done by filing Form 433-F.

Finally, if you need assistance with an installment agreement, Pathway Tax can certainly help out. In fact, we provide a free initial consultation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *